These Naturopathy tips can help keeping you safe from COVID-19
Find a Naturopathy Centre Near Me
View ✓Centers ✓Consultation Fees ✓Reviews ✓Address ✓Contact Number ✓Facilities of the best Naturopathy Centre near me at BeingSwasth.
Research has shown that Psychological stress, lack of Fitness and physical activity, Poor Nutrition, Sleep, and certain co-morbid conditions (diabetes, hypertension, heart disease) play a vital role in shaping our immune response. Naturopathy as a system of medicine has focus on improving body's natural healing. This is particularly useful in facing the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Especially, since elderly population, children and those with co-morbid conditions are most vulnerable to COVID-19 infection, naturopathy treatments can be used as an effective alternative medicine preventive measure.
With beingswasth.in book an appointment at a naturopathy centre near me according to my preferred time and location from anywhere, at just a click of a button.
Practical Naturopathy Tips against COVID-19
Improving Immunity of Intestines and urogenital tract and the respiratory system
- Daily Gargling with hot water with salt or with Neem oil.
- Rinsing Sinuses with warm saline water followed by ghee application to nostrils to reduce nasal congestion and dryness.
- Neti kriya – Vata Neti and Jalaneti followed by Kapalabhati kriya twice a week to reduce respiratory infections.
- Aromatherapy - Aromatic oils for inhalation such as peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil and Tulsi.
- Yoga and Mindfulness exercises to improve immunity.
Improving Natural Immune Response
- Naturopathic balanced diet consisting of plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Intermittent fasting or lemon juice fasting one day a week
- Regular exercise to improve circulation
- Regular practice of Yoga (Minimum 20 minutes)
- Loosening /Breathing exercises - 5 min
- Suryanamaskar 6 rounds - 6 minutes
- Yogic relaxation techniques – 5 min
- Kapalabhati - 3 rounds
- Nadishodana Pranayama - 9 rounds
- Ujjayi Pranayama - 9 rounds
- Bramari -3 rounds
- Regular healthy sleep hygiene with 8hrs of sleep essential to improve immunity.
- Hot foot immersion with cold compress for insomnia.
Improving ﬁtness and respiratory health
- Regular moderate exercises such as walking 30 minutes.
- Endurance exercises to improve stamina and cardiorespiratory ﬁtness.
I’m a Naturopathy Doctor : Click here to register myself and connect with patients looking for naturopathy center near me.
Naturopathic Tips for managing COVID Symptoms
Cold, Running nose, Nasal Congestion : Steam Inhalation with Tulsi, peppermint and Eucalyptus oil Nasal Rinsing with warm saline water or Neti Kriya – Jalaneti followed by Kapalabhati Hot foot immersion
Sore throat, Hoarseness of voice : Hot saline water gargle. Gargling with neem water preparation with honey. Coriander and turmeric Kashayam with black pepper
Expectorant Cough : Chewing ginger (Zingiber ofﬁcinale)
Dry Cough : Ginger Kashayam with honey, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric and pepper for dry cough in milk
Headaches : Hot foot Immersion for headaches with cold compress on head. Aromatherapy with Tulsi or lavender oils.
Fever : Cold chest pack, cold sponging for fever
Wheeze, Chest Congestion : Cold Chest Pack, Hot fomentation to chest and upper back, Hot foot immersion. Chair breathing to reduce respiratory effort. Steam inhalation with Tulsi or eucalyptus oil.
Malaise and Fatigue : Diet rich in Plant proteins, Natural Vitamin C, glucose and Vitamin D. Lemon water with honey to boost immunity.
Stress, Anxiety Depression : Aroma therapy with lavender, Basil or lemon grass oils (Inhalation/steam inhalation).
Yoga therapy :
- Hands in and out breathing, Hands stretch breathing, Bhujangasana breathing, Shalabhasana breathing, Tiger Breathing
- Asanas – Suryanamaskar – 2-6 rounds depending on fatigue status
- Padahastasana, Ardha chakrasana, Trikonasana
- Sulabha Matsyasana, Makarasana, Bhujangasana,shalabhasana
- Ardha Matsyendrasana, Shashankasana with “M kara” chanting.
- Chair Breathing (for respiratory distress)
- Pranayama – Bhastrika - 9 rounds, Ujjayi - 9 rounds, Nadishodhana - 9 rounds and Bramari - 9 rounds
- Yogic Relaxation Techniques – Muscle relaxation, Breath awareness relaxation, Deep relaxation
Naturopathy Nutrition Tips
Diet rich in Proteins, Glucose, Vitamin C and D works best for faster recovery from viral infections. The dos and don'ts of Naturopathic Nutrition are:
Naturopathy Nutrition Do’s against COVID-19:
- Drink plenty of Warm Water, Lemon or fresh Citrus juices with Honey or Jaggery
- Include spices in your daily food (Jeera, Turmeric, Ajwain, Cinnamom, Cloves, Cardamom etc.).
- Consume low oils / fats foods (Dhalia, Idly, Kichdi) which are protein rich (Dal Kichdi, boiled legumes) and ﬁber rich foods, millets, (vegetable soups).
- Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating, have boiled vegetables as curry or sambhar.
- Prefer Zinc and Selenium rich foods-Oats, spinach, beans, milk, cheese, pumpkin seeds, cashews etc.
- Take at least one glass of Yogurt/day (probiotics) to improve gut ﬂora
Naturopathy Nutrition Don’ts against COVID-19:
- Avoid Cold beverages, Canned juices and aerated drinks, Coffee
- Avoid reﬁned sugars
- Avoid confectionary and bakery products.
- Avoid sweets, chocolates, ice creams.
- Avoid snacking on oily and junk foods
- Reduce salt intake
- Reduce the amount of trans - and omega – 6 fatty acids in the diet (Vegetable oils)
- Food in eateries
- Smoking and alcohol
Why search in beingswasth.in for a naturopathy centre near me?
BeingSwasth makes it easier to discover and consult at a naturopathy centre near me specializing in natural healing therapies for common ailments of mind and body. General Disclaimer: Consult a qualiﬁed physician before starting any treatment. Any ongoing medications should be continued.